Tuesday, March 15, 2005

So, it has been a really long time since we posted anything to our blog - so long that I'm sure most people who checked it on occasion gave up. I don't blame you a bit. My sister in law just updated her family's blog and it made me feel like a real slouch, so here it is.
Rob is doing great, job is good and he's been in the process of transferring within his company to a new more interestsing department. Should be more hours, but also more challenge and more stability, so it's a win-win.
In January we had a celebration of my mom's life. It was a good party, just what she would have wanted. We had lots of great photos out for people to see, and some family members that I had not seen since childhood made the trip from the east coast to be there. It was really a special night - sad but special.
Audrey is growing and talking enough to make up for being the only child. She is funny a good portion of the time - sometimes it's even on purpose. She has been working hard at potty-training and is doing just great. Now I think that her lazy mom is the only reason she's not done. I am honestly a little afraid of the "mommy I need to use the potty" calls when we're in the car/store/park or anywhere where it's going to be a challenge to find a bathroom. But, I'll get over it I'm sure. Besides, little panties for two year olds are really cute, and it will be fun to shop for them with her.
We are still enjoying living in Portland instead of Hillsboro, and our neighborhood is fantastic. Good parks, good library and community center and wonderful people. Audrey and I have lots of friends that we can see on short notice and lots of walking buddies.
I just got back from a short but wonderful trip to Florida to meet my college roomate. She lives in North Carolina and we decided to spend a couple of days together without our husbands or children - just the girls. It was a great time for both of us. We went to St. Augustine and although the trip was short (just four days including travel) it was very relaxing not to have anyone else to take care of for four whole days. We ate what we wanted to, when we wanted to and only had our own schedules to keep. Pretty great. We decided that it should be a semi-regular event. Maybe annual or at least once every two years. We'd see each other more often than we have been.
Since I've been thinking of it and have not written these little gems down yet, I'll use this blog as a place to keep track of a few fun Audrey moments. Specifically how little Missy Roo says things. Example: Instead of crib, she says frib. Instead of three, she says free. Same for truck - it's fruck. There wasn't always an r, by the way. That was a slightly embarrasing month or so. When she wants more time, she asks for "just a little more minute". Her favorite song is "The Wheels on The Bus", although we got a book from the library that is called "The Seals on The Bus" a fun variation including vipers instead of wipers and sheep who say baa, baa, baa instead of babies who say whaa, whaa, whaa. Her baby doll is still nameless, although many people ask her. Her buddies are: Frew (neighbor Drew), Lyuke (Luke) and Brably (Bradley).
We are enjoying warm weather here in Oregon that is making us all a bit suspicious, but we'll try to enjoy it while we have it. By for now.

No comments: